Sunday, May 15, 2011

Learning A Valuable Lesson...The Hard Way

 In reading a friend's blog, I was amused that her partner punked her into matching socks by getting her to agree to play a matching card game.  My friend thought she was agreeing to play concentration to match cards but what she got instead was a pile of socks to match. 

Teehee.  That is so wrong. 

But I'm so totally going to borrow that idea to punk my family into playing that game.  It's brilliant.

But that got me to thinking about something equally mean that I did to Shane when he was 3 or 4.  He loves to play card games.  So I asked him if he wanted to play 52 card pick up.

He said OH YES!  He was so excited to play a new game.

I asked him if he was sure.

He said OH YES.

Then I asked him if he wanted to know the rules of the game first.

He said OH NO.  Let's just play.

I proceeded to get a deck of cards and threw them up in the air.

He looked at me like I had lost my mind and asked me what kind of game that was.

I said 52 card pick up.

He said what?

I said yes.  There are 52 cards in a deck and now you get to pick them up.

Oh man.  The look on his face was priceless.

And yes.  I *am* kinda mean.  And by "kinda" I mean I *am* mean.

But that's okay.  It served a purpose.  He always asks what the rules to a game are now. 

And I bet you any amount of money in the world that he will NEVER agree to 52 card pick up again!

But I wonder if I can punk him into matching socks.  I am soooooo gonna try it!

teehee

No comments: