Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Washing a Stupid Vase The Very, Very Wrong Way

When one is washing a vase such as this one, one should probably use a wash cloth and not their hand.


Because one never knows when there may be a piece of the glass broken on the vase.  A piece of broken glass that looks a little like this.  And by "a little" I mean it *is*.  :/


Because what will probably happen (and by "probably" I mean "it will") is this:


Which is going to cause one who wasn't so bright to wash a glass vase with their hand, a trip to here:


To get this done:


And then they're going to be constantly reminded of their stupid mistake because their hand is going to look like a mummy.


And then they're going to be sad because they can't play tennis for a while.

Stupid vase.

Stupid me for cutting my stupid hand.

But my friend who convinced me to go to the ER isn't stupid.  Although I was mad at her at the time.  (Not really.  I didn't yell "I hate you!" or anything like that.)   I just didn't want to go.  And I'm kind of hard headed and not always in a good way.  I have had my fill of sitting for hours in the ER in the last month.  And so I reverted to a defiant 12 years old. 

The conversation went like this:

Her:  "GO!"

Me:  (The defiant 12 year old) "NO!"

Her: "GO!"

Me:  "OK.  FINE!  I'll go.  Are you happy?"

Her:  "YES"

Me:  :-|

So I guess that the moral of the story is to not wash glass with your hand.

Or leave the dish washing to someone else.  ;)

Either way, this sucks.

1 comment:

ginny said...

I think we've all put our hand in a glass to wash it thinking, this really isn't such a good idea! Your luck just ran out!