Sunday, August 28, 2011

How They're Raised

When we were at the Cody Nite Rodeo, the one thing that I noticed was that a lot of little kids were there hanging out with the competitors.  They were able to mill around the outside of the arena with the horses and riders but their mamas and daddies continued to check on them.

Whether that was really their mama or daddy, I don't know.

But it was someone who was part of the rodeo family.

Mattress thrown down for the kids to lay on when they got tired.  Note the kids on the horse being held by his mama who was playing with a rope.


And the two that captured my attention the most were these little cowboys.


I love his little boots and spurs.  And Wrangler jeans.  :)


These little cowboys weren't quite as affectionate as the girls.  They were constantly chasing and roping each other.  Boys.  Sheesh.  tee hee

 

 For scale on just how little these rodeo kids were.  :)

And the littlest cowgirl competing.


So when Joan was mortified that the kids were doing steer riding, I said I wasn't surprised.  It's a way of life for them.  They've grown up around it.  It's just how they are raised.

No comments: