Monday, August 8, 2011

The Mayberry Trading Post

I so totally love the National Parks system.  Love it!

And we're so fortunate to be near to one of the most beautiful stretch of byways where we live to take us through some of those parks.  Namely, the Blue Ridge Parkway.

A while back, I posted some pictures of our Fourth of July trip to Fancy Gap, VA when we stopped by Mabry Mill for some awesome photo opportunities.  And you know on the Parkway, you're bound to drive by a country store or two.

I give you the Mayberry Trading Post.


You can find all kinds of homemade jams and other canned foods, antiques, kitschy stuff and an odd assortment of knick knacks and brick-a-brack.


 And things that can be downright weird.  Totally 70's and creepy.


The store even has it's own security guards.


Although the store itself is awesome, it's restroom doors girl/boy indicators totally make the store what it is. 


Nothing screams back country like Snuffy Smith...


...or his wife Loweezy....

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love comic strips.  And this strip is one of my favorites!  I totally dig these doors. 

If you're on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Meadows of Dan, VA, take a step back in time and stop by the Mayberry Trading Post for a spell.  You won't be sorry.  :)

No comments: