Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Relentless Campaign

In the latest news of which pet isn't this mean mom going to get her kids, they (specifically Owen) are on a RELENTLESS "please get me a RAT for a pet" campaign.

And I lay the blame solely at the feet of my sister.

Because she had the child that sucked HER into getting rats for pets.  And now, as any good family member would do, they're trying to suck me into it.

I am holding out tho.

Cause I don't want no stinking rats for pets.  I don't care if they're guised with a cute little name like "guinea pigs".  They're freaking rats.

Owen came home from my sister's three weeks ago with a report on guinea pigs.


It was actually very well done with lots of good information.  Hard to say no, but I was able to somehow muster up the words to say it.  ;)  He did a presentation and had an answer for EVERY question I could throw at him.  I can't wait until he's a teenager.  Not.


Not only did he have a report but he had also used ALL of my sister's ink from her printer printing out pictures of the rat's (ie - Guinea Pig's) needs.  These are only a few of the pictures.  I couldn't fit them all onto the scanner.


It's not bad enough that Owen is STILL bugging the crap out of me to get him a rat (every other sentence from him is about the rats...not sure where he got that laser focus from...), he's got others helping his cause.  Namely his cousin.

Sheldon, his little co-conspirator, sent me a letter from camp.


But she disguised her mission with a cute little cloud around her signature.   I also can't be bought with presents.  I'm onto what's going on girl!!!!


She also sent Owen a letter keeping him pumped up and primed for the battle.


Oh yeah.  I know what's going on.  I get the whole entire picture sister!

And that's okay.  If I have to get them a stupid rat, Sheldon and Mary Mayken are coming back from my house next time loaded down with toys.

And my sister won't even know what hit her because her husband will be the one to pick them up and he'll be distracted by the kids and won't even notice when I put the garbage BAGS into his truck.

So, ha.  Take that.  That'll show her and her daughter, who started all of this pet rat non-sense.  :p

No comments: