Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day, Dad.

I was reminded yet again today what you had to go through while we were growing up and just what you did to keep the peace, and more probably, survive with two teenage girls and a wife doing battle in the house.

And I was reminded today because while doing laundry, I went to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer and I opened up the dryer to a full load of dried items.

Oops. I forgot to fold the towels.

And then I was reminded how mean mom was and made us do our laundry. And, being the selfish kids that we were, we absolutely hated to do it. So, we'd humor her and throw them in the washer.

At then we'd leave them in the washer until they were moldy and had to be washed again. But instead of yelling at us, or probably more accuratedly not wanting to listen to mom yell at us, you'd sigh heavily (I'm sure) and then move to the dryer and then would fold them and put them in our rooms.

Just to keep the peace.

So, thanks dad. I hope you have a great Father's Day! You deserve it because without you, let's face it, mom probably would have killed us.

But...there is sweet justice for you because now I am the only girl in a house of boys. And you know exactly what that means! :)

7 comments:

ginny said...

You had a mean ole mama, made you washyour own clothes Poor girl.

susan said...

We did have a mean ole mama. Daddy was the nice one. You were mean mean mean mean. And I wish my friends knew how mean you were. mean mean mean.

Kim Eckhardt said...

lol

ginny said...

Some things never change- if my friends only knew what you were really like!!!! :)

KenDC said...

Now I'm the nice one. :p

Kim Eckhardt said...

Enjoy it now. You'll fall soon enough I'm sure. lol

Anonymous said...

I thought this was a very nice tribute to your Dad - My Dad was always trying to make peace between my mom and I but he never did any laundry :-) Grandma Joan