Monday, June 1, 2009

Student Of The Month

The kids have one student of the month for each class who is voted on by their classmates. Owen came home and said that he was up for dependability this month but tied with his friend and they had to go to a tie break vote.

Evidentially one of his friends looked up during the voting and cost Owen the election and his friend won. I said that it sounded not fair to Owen and asked him if he was upset or if he said anything to his teacher.

He replied that he didn't say anything. When I asked him why, he responded "it wasn't worth it." (His exact words.) Pressing him further, he said that it was just a breakfast and he didn't think that it was worth getting everyone upset over.

Wow. That's very grown up of you, Owen. You should get the award for cool kid. :up:

4 comments:

ginny said...

What a great kid! I got upset because of the unfairness of the vote but he's above that! He rocks!!

KenDC said...

Maybe he does have some of me in him.

Kim Eckhardt said...

Really? Because I was thinking it was more me. Think about it. It was a competition. Do you think you would have just given up that easily? :p

KenDC said...

Point taken.