Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's About Time!

I guess it's about time. I was tired of looking at the builders landscaping. It's been 8 years after all. I'm sure our neighbors are glad to not live beside Sanford and Son (minus the junk of course -- that's hidden in our carport.)

I give you one way to stimulate the economy. As a bonus, it's a big check off my list!

Before:







Just in case you couldn't see the bushes in front of the house. Bad I know.



And after...







I LOVE Sunflowers and it looks like all of the seeds that I planted have taken root. They should be flowering in about another month.



I went a little nuts with the potted plants this year since last year I didn't get any because we were gone for July. Yay color!



Everyone should have a tacky little yard ornament. This is mine. Selected by Shane at Big Lots. :up:



More mammoth Sunflowers. Sadly, a few strategically placed ones didn't make it but I think that these will provide coverage of the area nicely. Notice the wind chimes. I love them so.



Another Sunflower bed. I told you...I love sunflowers!



Knockout roses...



The best part of putting in the new landscaping is that it has drawn butterflies, bumblebees and different birds to the yard. Yay!

Owen says that this butterfly is a Painted Lady. He said they grew them in class.



And what's a front porch without some ferns?



Okay. No. I take it back. The BEST part about the new landscaping and flowers is the front porch! Definitely!



8 years in the making....the backyard is next. ;)

5 comments:

Becky J said...

WOW! Good job...I bet you can get a job at Home Depot in the garden dept!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Maybe the landscapers she hired can get a job at the garden dept. :)

ginny said...

WOW- looks good. Now I'll have to watch for the step and all the pots!

Uncle Cliff said...

Lookin good. I love flowers & have a few myself. Mary says look out for the lawn onaments. you could have a yard full of them like some of us old folks. 8 years not so bad. 36 yrs. and I'm still working on it

June said...

Looks fabulous!