Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Honest Answer

I should predecess this by saying that this is probably completely inappropriate for a family blog. But, life isn't always about going to the grocery store and the silly things that our kids do, so the following conversation should be taken into context. It's a 10 year old boy thinking outloud about stuff that he's got on his mind and me trying to be honest with him (without freaking out might I add). At least he's not afraid to ask us questions. Right?

We told Shane that he could ask us anything and we would give him an honest answer. But really. What were we thinking? Seriously. Well, I guess that we have to keep to our word and, unfortunate for me, Ken's always at work when Shane comes up with the doozy questions.

SHANE: Mom, what would happen if you were h-u-m-p-i-n-g a girl and you peed in them?

ME: Deer in a headlight look. And recover.

ME: Well, that's not a very good thing to do, Shane.

SHANE: Why not? (Of course there's always a follow up question!)

ME: You could give them an infection. Pee is filled with bacteria. (Good answer, huh?)

SHANE: OK. Then what about sperm? That's a good thing, right?

ME: :eek: Well. No. Not really. Unless you're a married, adult couple and you're trying to get pregnant. DON'T DO THAT UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SOMEONE PREGNANT, OKAY?

SHANE: OK. Then dad did that to you, right?

ME: Yes. Twice.

He then asked me if that's the only way someone could get pregnant. I started to go into the whole invitro fertilization conversation and then realized that I just set myself for a sandtrap and backed out of the conversation saying that I had to get the tea off of the store.

Not that there was tea on the stove or anything. Good thing he's a clueless boy and easily diverted. ;)

I'm kind of rethinking the whole honest answer thing. Except now the cat's out of the bag on just about everything so I guess we just push forward. Honest answers and all.

And you, dear two readers, get to experience all of this "fun" with me! :)

11 comments:

Uncle Wilson said...

He didn't learn that at my house! Seriously, where does he get this stuff??? WOW. Good luck with that. Twice huh ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have EVER laughed so hard - even the 2nd time I read it. I just hope your Dad didn't see the 2 time thing - didn't you tell him you had the immaculate conception? Yes, twice. That Shane - XXX
Grandma Joan

Kim Eckhardt said...

Wilson, he thought about this all on his own. It wasn't anything perverted and I don't know why he was thinking about it. Oh yeah....because he's a boy. :| Don't worry. He won't say anything like this to Sheldon. He spelled humping so Owen wouldn't know what we were talking about. lol

Haha, Joan. He's a trip.

ginny said...

Where did he come up with the "humping" term? He's way too young for all this!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

From school. :|

Susan said...

Gawd. Sheldon can spell. Seriously. I think I would rather have him tell her about Santa. Quick thinking on your part!!!!

Queen of her Castle said...

Oh good heavens. Is this what I have to look forward to? Neither one of my boys even act like they have a clue and humping is reserved for dogs only.

Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching for that particular model. The prices for the boots are about 350 bucks on every site. But finally I set this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that particular brand. The prices seeking the velcros are all over 240 dollars everwhere. But completely I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were about 190 bucks everwhere. But finally I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?