Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wasted Real Estate

When Ken goes out of town, the boys always sleep with me. It's usually a fight between them. They say my bed is more comfy. Truth be told, they just don't want the other one to have something that they don't.

Shane is okay to sleep with now. He's no longer sleeping on top of my head and he's outgrown the need to sleep horizonal across the bed.

Owen is another story all together. He sleeps just like he does everything else. And if you know him, you know what that means! If you don't know him, he never stops moving. Ever.

And we may as well be sleeping in a twin bed because he has to sleep right beside me. If he just slept still and quietly that would be fine. But instead, he turns into Octopus-man and is all over the place. By "beside me" I mean "right on top of me!"

I can't count how many karate chop kicks I took to the back or how many times he rolled over and sucker punched me in the stomach. I'm not even sure how he managed to do that since he was stuck to me like a siamese twin!

Oh I push him back onto his side of the bed. But it just doesn't matter because he comes right back over to my side of the bed.

Did I mention that I have a king size bed? I may as well have slept in his bed with him because that other side of the bed was just wasted real estate.

When he came downstairs this morning, I asked him how he slept and he said "great!"

Well, at least one of us did. ;)

1 comment:

Rhonda Sisk said...

I have a large pillow tht I use as an insulator for those rare times that the boys sleep with me.