Friday, September 4, 2009

Yay For GREAT Teachers!

It's going to be a great year at the kids school. I can already tell that good things are coming. The boys had their open house last night at the school where they met the teachers.

Owen's teacher came up and introduced heself to me and said that she had read the pamplet (that I had given to his previous teacher) on Owen's vision problem and the reports from our IEP meetiings and was aware of everything that was going on with him. She said that she understood that he was very bright, especially in math, and was looking forward to working with him.

Seriously?! This is going to be a good...no, a great...year! And since she's a looping teacher, we'll have her for two years.

For those of you who don't know what a looping teacher is, the kids move from one grade to the next with the same class and teacher. It's a great situation if you have a good teacher.

But...wait. That's not all I get this year. As a bonus to Owen's teacher, I also get a GREAT teacher for Shane! And since she's a looping teacher, Shane got to stay with his teacher from last year again this year!

I had mentioned to his teacher that I was having problems finding the correct notebooks for Shane. And she sent me an email that she had stopped by the store last night after the open house and had picked some up in case I couldn't find them.

Seriously?!

What did I do to do deserve this year? It's going to be an awesome year. Yay for GREAT teachers!

5 comments:

ginny said...

Isn't it about time??? This will be a great year for all the kids!!! YEA.

KenDC said...

Even I know how lucky we are....that's how good it is. :)

Becky J said...

and YAY for great parents!

Uncle Cliffy said...

I'm all for good teachers. Glad you have 2 of them.

Teacher in the middle said...

Yes ma'am! Yay for great teachers...ones who love their jobs and love the kids! Congrats!