Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Little Red Shoes

Dear Little Pink Shoes, and Little Green Crocks:





I'm sorry to tell you this in such an impersonal way...through a blog entry and all...but I feel that there's something that you must be made aware of. There is a new love in my life.

It's not you. Really. It's me. I still love you and all that but my new love is just so shiny and fancy. And fire engine red! You know how I love the color red!

So, don't take it too hard. I think that Mary Mayken has outgrown her love for you anyway because you continue to hurt her. It couldn't go on forever and you knew it.

I know that you're wondering who this love is so I present to you....Little Red Shoes! They're very similar to you both (which is probably why I loved them the first time I saw them) so you can't be too mad.



Little Red Shoes are so cute that even the bowling alley folks fell for them and didn't make Mary Mayken remove them.

Now...that's LOVE!!!



As I said, it's me...not you. We ladies (or ladies in training in Mary Mayken's case) are fickle about our love anyway so take heart in the fact that there will be a new love in town that will replace the one that broke your heart.

But until that happens, the Little Red Shoes are the new love in my life. Sorry. :)

3 comments:

ginny said...

Could she be any cuter???

Susan said...

The question is, did Ken let her beat him?

Kim Eckhardt said...

Seriously? Um. No. She's not that cute even with the shoes. She was beating him so he took her ball rolling thing and pointed it towards the gutter. lol