Friday, January 29, 2010

The Monkey Suit

Who likes to get all dressed up? I know I don't! I'd much rather have on a comfy pair of blue jeans and t-shirt and tennis shoes and I'm sure that give his option, Ken would rather not wear a suit and tie.

But who would have thought that Shane would have been so vehemently opposed to dressing up? We took the boys to the Melting Pot for Christmas dinner and I asked them to dress appropriately.

Shane came down stairs after putting on the clothes that I laid out for him. Sighing heavily, I heard him complain (loudly) to Ken that he "HATED to wear a monkey suit!"



I hope that he finds a job doing something other than office work. Because if he thinks that khakis and a button up shirt are monkey suits, just wait til he really has to dress up.

I also came to the conclusion that maybe we need to get him out and about to more places than ones that serve chicken nuggets on the menu!

PS - Yeah. I'm not sure what he was doing there. That could have been a blog in and of itself!

3 comments:

KenDC said...

I think he is doing his "Welcome to the gun show!" :)

Teacher in the middle said...

Come on Kim...he's showing everyone his GUNS and how much he loves them! Wouldn't be a boy if he didn't! :)

Patrick said...

A button up shirt and khakis are about the fanciest clothes I have, and I turned out ok!

(And my diet is about the same. Although I can't guarantee I won't die of a heart attack at age 25)