Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Kickin' Boots

I thought that I could never love another as much as I loved Mary Mayken's little pink shoes.



That was until the day that little green crocks came into my life. Then I was totally hooked.



And that infatuation lasted until the day that little red shoes came waltzing in with their oh-so-sassy attitude.



And I really *thought* that I was done falling in love. Nothing could get any cuter than these little red shoes. Seriously. I even tried to find a pair of these cute little shoes in my size. Unfortunately, there were none to be had.

Then Mary Mayken came stomping into my house wearing her "kickin'" boots and I thought I would pass out. These were the pinnacle of cuteness. Nothing can be any cuter than this!



Can you tell that she put them on herself? :p



It was really cute until she screamed "Look at my kickin' boots, Aunt Kem" and then reared back and started kicking at the other kids.

I responded that yes, the boots sure were kicking but I reminded her that we don't "hee-yaw" the other kids.

For those of you who weren't privileged to receive a "hee-yaw" from Mary Mack during her karate chopping days, you should thank me in advance for squashing the kicking boots from actually kicking!

4 comments:

ginny said...

I wonder who taught her that they were kickin' boots???? She didn't think that up by herself!
She needs a haircut!

susan said...

She doesn't need a haircut. She just needs a barrett in. She's growing her bangs. Hee-yaw!

ginny said...

Now we know where she learned Hee-yaw from!!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

I guess that she learned to put her shoes on from Owen then because his were never on the same feet either! :up: