Saturday, January 30, 2010

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Even though the South is ruled by the Heat Miser, we've been hit pretty hard by snow this year. We still have piles of snow from the two feet of snow that we received a month ago.

Apparently, the Heat Miser and his brother, the Snow Miser, have come to some kind of agreement that has allowed it to snow in Virginia. Because it's snowing. Again.

Readers of my blog know that I am a big fan of comic strips. I love it when one really nails what really happens in people's everyday lives. The last couple of days, Zits has been running strips that have to do with snow and how the different family members view being snowed in.

Man....I think that the illustrator has been spying on my house!








So, what will you be doing with your snowed-in time? Sleeping? Watching movies? Playing in the snow? Playing board or video games? Me? I'll be cleaning out kids book shelves, which have books piled so high that I'm surprised none have fallen over and hurt someone.

But certainly not the spice drawer. Come on. I'm not like that mom at all!

And just to brighten up your snow day, enjoy a little music by the Heat Miser and his bro, the Snow Miser!



Hope you get all of your projects done! :)

4 comments:

Uncle Cliff said...

Love reading Zits and loved the video. I have to say that I am one who can't wait to clear the driveway and go sleding in the back field. I haven't used my snow-shoes one time yet this year, darn it.

KenDC said...

You can't find me! :p

Kim Eckhardt said...

Come on down, UC. It looks like we have a foot of snow and it's like a white out. I'll be happy to have you clear our driveway and take the kids sleding. :)

And, I know that you're hiding in the mancave, Ken. I just choose to let you think I don't. :p

Unknown said...

See, now I'd LOVE to alphabetize my spices. :) And I am still amazed that you have gotten more snow in Virginia than we have in Michigan.