Saturday, January 23, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

At approximately 4:07 every day, the boys arrive home from school. They usually ring the doorbell...even if the door is unlocked. Honestly, every time they do it, I regret having my dad fix it last time he came up. I had 6 months of blissful, ding-dong-ditching-less months.

Anywho, the same routine ensures. They come in (just as I get to the door to open it for them), drop their stuff (all of it!) right in the middle of the hallway. And I do mean all of it. Jackets. Backpacks. Lunchboxes. Miscellaneous stuff.

Except Owen's football. That's never ditched!

And, of course, they usually go straight to the fridge. These boys are eating me out of house and home! Owen will grab an apple or yogurt and Shane usually grabs for the cookies or some other junk. When I tell him no, he gets mad and stomps off.

Every single day. Ugh.

Well, yesterday was no exception. Everything was just the same. With a little twist. A bonus if you will. As they were coming in the door, I hear Shane yelling "I'm telling on you!" And Owen screaming "noooooooo!"

The yelling and fghting is part of the routine that I forgot to mention. It's simply the best part. How could I have forgotten to mention it? Ugh.

Of course, I ask what happened. And, of course, Shane was only too happy to tell. He was telling so fast, he was tripping over his own words.

Apparently (and not apparently, he did it!) Owen had to pee when he got off of the bus.

So he did.

Right there on the side of the road. In a neighbor's yard. In front of all the other kids.

Joy oh joy.

I haven't answered my phone and I'm avoiding answering the door. I can ignore emails too. I'm sure that I'll have someone's mom calling me this weekend.

I asked Owen about it and he said that either he did that or he peed in his pants. And he didn't want to do that.

Damn him and his logical reasoning. But boys will be boys I suppose. Ugh.

I only wish that *I* could get away with that. This isn't the first time he's used logical reasoning to use the great outdoors as his potty.

But I'm still avoiding the phone, doorbell and email.

7 comments:

Susan said...

At least the boys can pee wherever they need to. Just need to teach him to go behind a tree. I'm kind of jealous.

Uncle Cliff said...

Ya gotta go when ya gotta go. He loved running behind a tree when he y'all were up in Aug. lol

Teacher in the middle said...

Caleb did that one time (within the last couple of years) and stood on our back step and peed on the concrete pad at the bottom of the steps. Seriously! And I feel your pain about the eating too...I only have one boy and I cannot keep enough food for him!

June said...

LOL. When you said he pee'd in public, I didn't realize it was at the bus stop. HA! Oh wait, I'm not allowed to laugh at you..yet. ;)

Kim Eckhardt said...

You weren't. You were laughing at Ken. Not me. :p

Coming back from Richmond yesterday, Owen really had to pee. We were in the middle of nowhere on 95 so I did what any mom would do who just complained about her son peeing in public. I pulled over and told him to open up the sliding door and pee out of it. I pulled back onto 95 and promptly passed a cop who was patrolling speeding. No...he didnt' pull me over but I did have a wrink moment. lol. And, yes...I did tell Owen that I still didn't like him peeing in public but this was an emergency and I liked him peeing on my van less than peeing in public. ;)

Unknown said...

I am laughing too much to comment at this time.

ginny said...

So what you are saying is that it's OK to pee outside as long as it's convenient for mom???? HA!!
I think that sounds reasonable to me!!