Sunday, January 24, 2010

An Overflowing Glass

Do you look at life like everything has possibilities? If so, you see the glass as half full.

Or do you look at everything with a realistic approach and find a reason that something can't be done? If so, you see the glass as half empty.

If you're like Mary Mayken, the glass is overflowing.

I was cutting up some grapes for her the other day for snack and she looked at me and said "grapes are awesome, Aunt Kem." I agreed with her.

Then she said "you're awesome, Aunt Kem." Yeah. I totally agree with that!

She then says "I'm awesome, Aunt Kem." Yeah. I totally agree with that too!

She then sat down and had her snack, all the while singing Frosty the Snowman. And the Dukes of Hazzard. lol.

The world needs more Mary Maykens with her positive attitude. Wouldn't it be awesome to have her unjaded, positive outlook on everything?

3 comments:

Teacher in the middle said...

I like Mary Mayken...never met her, but if her cup overflows, I know we'd be good friends! :)

Kim Eckhardt said...

I know you would!

Susan said...

Tonight she told me she loves her room and she is adorable! I agree!