Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Beverly Hillbillies

My children are trying to make my yard look like we are the Beverly Hillbillies.  They think that the outdoors is just an extension of the house and they can just drop whatever it is that they're playing with in the middle of the yard and leave it there.

Or the cul-de-sac.

Or the neighbor's yard.

Or the trees.  Yes.  The trees.  I found a soda can nicely propped up in the little bush outside of my garage a few days ago.

Which, by the way, they're not allowed to have.

But apparently my kids aren't the only ones trying their best to make our yard be "that yard".

Because I found the next door neighbor's kid's sweatband in the front yard.  And I gave it back to him.

Then I found it again the next day.  In my front yard.  :-|

And then I found his football glove in my driveway this morning.  :rolleyes:

So yeah.  If you drive by my house, please don't judge me by the crap strewn about the yard.  I'm trying my best.

They just make messes faster than I can pick them up.  And yeah, yeah, mom.  I get it.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

No comments: