Thursday, December 30, 2010

Doing What You Have To Do

My sister is so ghetto.

And funny.

By now, most of you that know me know that I'm not right.

But if you don't know my sister, then you probably think that I'm the one of the two that isn't quite right.

Well, I'm not.  And that's definitely true. 

But neither is she.  And here's the evidence.  

My aunt and uncle had a birthday part for her daughter Sheldon and Shane this summer.  When Susan gave the kids their presents (which, by the way, we were impressed that she remembered) she so proudly plopped them down on the table.


We all just sat there and looked at it trying to figure out what in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks she had done.

She finally announced in a "tee-hee" voice that she didn't have any wrapping paper (well, duh, we could see that) so she just did what she had to do.


She grabbed the Saranwrap and got to work.


She made sure to point out that she had put a pretty bow around it, which she had!


That, my friends, is pure genius.  Maybe mad genius.  But genius none-the-less. 

Got a weird shaped present?  No problem for the Saran Wrap.

Did someone use your tape and put the empty roll back into the drawer?  Yeah.  No problem.  Saran Wrap is all over that!

And now I'm going to add a roll of Saran Wrap in the van so when we're driving to a kids party and I'm trying to wrap the present (that we most likely bought on the way to the party) in the car, I'll have a fall back wrapping paper.

You know.  So just in case the emergency paper, scissors or tape that I have stowed in the van isn't there for some reason, I'll be able to wrap some poor child's present.

All ghetto like.

Because it's cool.  And the new "in-thing" to do!

6 comments:

susan said...

hahaha. Martha Stewart has nothing on me. I should write a book. hahaha

Kim Eckhardt said...

The ghetto guide to decorating? :p

Unknown said...

Hey girls - that is what they make gift bags for ! They even make them with the card and the tissue inside - great for last minute people like me.

Kim Eckhardt said...

But they aren't near as much the conversation topic as these cool gift wrappers!

ginny said...

Plus Joan- you have to go to the store & actually purchase them! That would take some planning! She's sometimes definately not related to me or Kim (we would have 5 times more than needed, just in case!

Kim Eckhardt said...

There's nothing wrong with being stocked up like Costco. ;)