Friday, December 10, 2010

An Unusual Sighting

I live in a state where it's illegal to smoke in a restaurant or bar unless that establishment has an area separated by a door and a different ventilation system (I believe.)  So in effect, an establishment has to have two separate areas entirely for it's smokers and non-smokers.

And I like it.  I've gotten use to being able to eat in a restaurant where the table next to you isn't smoking while you're eating.  And I can choose whether to come home from a bar smelling like an ashtray.  Or not.

So it's weird for me now when I go back to SC to go into a smokey restaurant or bar (gag). 

And even weirder when you round a corner and run right into one of these archaic things.  A rather unusual sighting for me these days.  How very 1970's.

 


Really.  These are the only ciggys that someone should be "smoking."  This was obviously a goof that my friends and I did when were were out and about in SC. 


And I totally remember "smoking" these when I was a kid.  It was cool.  But really.  Is that even cool anymore?  Or right on any level?

Either the real ones or the candy ciggys?

Um.  No.

Wow.  File this under things that make you go "hum."

No comments: