Monday, February 7, 2011

His Team

Somewhere along the way in the last two weeks, Owen determined that the Packers were "his" team.  Well.  His team for the Super Bowl.  I don't think that they've replaced the Redskins.  Yet anyway.

I'm not sure how it came about but I suspect that he decided to root for them since every kid on his school bus and the two principals and many teachers at his school are Steelers fans.

And it *is* in his nature to go against the grain.  This will serve him well in life.  It will drive *me* to the brink of sanity by the time I get him raised and out the door.

He didn't have a jersey to wear last night for the Super Bowl so he made his own.


Using the correct colored marker, of course.


And when I got on my computer later that night, I found where he had Googled to make sure that he got Rodgers number correct.  


He was, to say the least, really excited when the Packers won the Super Bowl.  It was "his team" after all.

When Ken came to bed after the game, he told me that Owen was looking forward to riding the bus today unlike the last few days.  Apparently he had made a bet with the ENTIRE school bus that the Packers would win the Super Bowl.

Yeah.  That sounds about right.  :rolleyes:

Ken told him that a bigger man wouldn't say anything.

Owen responded that he was just a little boy.  LOL.

And, of course, he had to wear his ghetto jersey to school.  :D


Which he is going to make his friend Jimmy wear because they had a bet that if the Steelers won, Owen would have to wear Jimmy's Roethlisberger jersey.

And if the Packers won, Jimmy would have to wear whatever Owen could come up with.

And that's what Owen came up with.  :twisted:

As he left to get on the bus, he said "I hope that Jimmy doesn't wear this to Art thinking that it's an art shirt."  LOL

He looked pretty smug getting on the school bus.  :p

No comments: