Sunday, February 6, 2011

Whitey

I love tennis.

Oh yeah.  I do!

I'm so fortunate to have found a great group of ladies to play with.  I was playing yesterday with some ladies (heh...I called you ladies) from my USTA team.  Four of us were on the court together.  Two on each side of the net taking turns warming up our serves. 

Just as I went to hit my serve, I heard my friend Jessica say rather loudly "Let's see what ya got, Whitey."

I thought to myself "WTF?  I know I'm lilly white but damn.  That's kind of rude."  And then I shanked my serve into the net.

I started to turn and look back at Jess and I heard her say "Whitey, you're no good for me."  Which really made me all kinds of sad.  :(

As I looked at her, I realized that she was talking to the racquet that she was demo'ing.


 
Which is a problem too, by the way, the fact that a) she names her racquet and b) she talks to her racquet.  Loudly.

But, at least *I* wasn't the Whitey that she was referring to.

And then we laughed about it for the next five minutes, causing us to lose the first two points in the first game because we couldn't get ourselves together.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  ;)

LOL.  That's good stuff.

No comments: