Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Fabulous Botanical Garden



While we were in Pawleys Island, SC, Joan kept telling me that I should go to Brookgreen Gardens, which is right near her house. Try as we did, we weren't able to get there until right before we left.

And, wow. I'm glad that we did.

This is one place where I'm glad that I have a SLR camera instead of just a point and shoot. You just can't get the type of pictures with a p-n-s that you can with the Rebel. Here's some of my favorite pics.

Note that these are all of my images and not BGG's.


A pink Hibiscus.
For Shackup...


Butterflies aren't that easy to capture. Trust me. I have twenty other crappy shots to prove it. ;)

Sawgrass in the background.

Jiminy. My voice of conscieous that told me to put down my camera. As you can see, I didn't listen to him. :)

This owl was enclosed but I was able to get a shot through the netting and blur it so you can't see the front netting. SLR cameras rock.




Live Oak Alley. If you look closely at the center towards the left, you'll see a person gardening. That should give you a scale of the trees.

This is one of my favorite shots.

Yes, ick. A spider. But it was cool. I had to put my focus on manual because the camera auto focus couldn't see the spider or it's web.


The SC Palmettos. What's a trip to the gardens without seeing some palmettos?

Yes. Obviously I need therapy but I just couldn't stop taking pictures. Not with all of this beautiful scenery around.

So I hope that you too enjoyed my trip to Brookgreen Gardens. :)

4 comments:

Queen of her Castle said...

Love the pics! I still have that on my to visit list for th summer. What lens did you use?

Becky

Alice said...

Great photos Kim! Looks like it was a great day to walk around and take photos!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Becky, I used my 28-135 lens mostly on the AV setting. No flash. If there's a pic that you want the stats on in particular, let me know. You have got to get up there. :)

Kim Eckhardt said...

Thanks, Alice. It was a great day! :)