Friday, July 25, 2008

Grandma vs. Grandpa

Ken and I went out to dinner the other night and Joan and Darrel watched the boys.

Before we left, I talked with Shane and Owen to let them know that they would be with Joan and Darrel.

Before I knew we were going out to dinner, I had bought some sparklers and poppers and had told them that they could do them that evening. Shane was very concerned about not being able to do them.

SHANE: Grandma and Grandpa have different parenting styles, you know.

He continues:

"Yeah...Grandpa is all freestyling and pretty much lets us do whatever we want. Grandma is all like "don't do this and don't do that. You'll get hurt." She's kind of over protective, don't you think? Oh well. I won't say anything to her. I'll just go with it. I don't want to hurt her feelings"

But, I really want to do the sparklers.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

DON'T SAY ANYTHING TO HIM. I just thought it was funny.

3 comments:

EB said...

Yeah, I'm more like Grandma than Grandpa. Strange. Grandpa is old school, "like out in the country, we don't care what you do old school."

Hope they had fun!

Josie Thames said...

It's funny, you know. In every couple, there's a "fun" one and a disciplinarian.

It was great meeting you this week! I hope we can keep in touch.

Kim Eckhardt said...

I'm definitely more like Grandma than Grandpa. No doubt that I'm a grandma in training. ;)

It was great to meet you this week too, Josie! I've put a linky to your blog online. You're purse is so cute. You're crafty. :)