Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Joke and A Fresh Marketing Idea...

My mom forwarded a joke to me that her friend Becky sent to her with a note on it that it sounded like something that would be on my blog.

Yes. Yes it does.

And, it's too funny not to share.

GOTTA LOVE THEM LITTLE BOYS

Two young boys walked into a pharmacy one day, picked out a box of tampons and proceeded to the checkout counter.

The man at the counter asked the older boy, 'Son, how old are you?'

'Eight,' the boy replied.

The man continued, 'Do you know what these are used for?'

The boy replied, 'Not exactly, but they aren't for me. They're for him. He's my brother. He's four.'

The boy continued, 'We saw on TV that if you use these, you would be able to swim and ride a bike. And right now, he can't do either one.'

LOL.

Now, this got me to thinking about another use that my friends and I figured out for tampons.



Yes. That's a cooler with a tampon plugged into it.

Well. The plug was missing and we didn't want the water and ice to drain and our beer to get warm.

I bet that the marketing people never thought about this marketing angle.

And, if you're wondering...yes...it worked. Nothing leaked. It must have been a super plus absorbent one.

And, now, please wipe off the screen where you spit your coffee onto it. Your IT Department thanks you.

5 comments:

Kim Eckhardt said...

I should also add, since we're talking about tampons and the pharmacy, that my friend Becky and I went into CVS to get some tampons. I dropped them in the isle and she yells loud enough for the people in the next store to hear... "Kim...you dropped your TAMPONS."

Yeah. That was three weeks ago. LOL.

ginny said...

Maybe you should send this suggestion to the tampon company- this could lead to a whole new marketing plan!

Teacher in the middle said...

You and the tampon stories!!! Hilarious and I love the cooler! It's fabulous!

Queen of her Castle said...

Leave it to you to come up with the tampon cooler plug. Oh and by the way, don't you just love me?

Becky (who didn't drop a box of tampons)

Kim Eckhardt said...

Becky, you must have not been at LEAP that year. It was on the boat ride. It was probably a Jane or Anne original if I had to guess. I just laughed like h-e-double hockey sticks and took a picture. LOL. And, yes...I do love you. ;)