Friday, May 30, 2008

At Least We're Making Progress

Ken and I went to the Duran Duran concert a few nights ago. Melissa (our next door neighbor and babysitter extrodinarie) came over to babysit the boys. I went to her mom's house the next day and Mary asked me if Melissa had told me what Owen did.

I replied no but, giving his recent history, did it have anything to do with him pulling his pants down or humping?

She started laughing and said yes.

Oh good Lord. Seriously? I told her I had to cut my car off and I'd be right back in. This was going to take a while, I could tell.

Well, it seems that the boys were playing outside with the next door neighbor boy. I'm not even sure how Melissa found out what Owen did (Shane probably told on him) but it seems that sweet Owen had to go potty and instead of coming inside, he decided to pee on the grass.

Of course, this was in the front yard.

But, instead of denying it and going into his long, drawn out closing argument, he just simply said "yep...I did it."

Melissa put him into time out.

And, then she got the full mommy treatment. He refused to sit into time out so his 5 minute time out turned into 15 minutes. LOL.

His excuse? He had to pee but he made sure that no one saw him because he went to the corner of the yard and peed on the grass. He did not pull out his private part so others could see it.

And then he demonstrated for me how he made sure no one saw it. Um...thanks, Owen. I needed to see that.

So, I'm once again having the "don't pull your private parts out in public" conversation with him.

But, there are two positives about this. 1) He didn't hump anyone and 2) he admitted to it without turning it into a court case.

And, maybe he's just living out his dream and I should just encourage this behavior. I'm just so proud.

But...at least we're making progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim,
Owen's behavior is prefectly normal....all lil boys want to pee on the grass...and write their names in the snow...etc...the trick or chore for you is to teach him to do it in the bushes....LOL

ps also teach him NOT to spray his shoes !!!!