Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Bag O' Sanity

I got a phone call about 8:15 this morning from my friend.

First she apologized for calling me this early.

No worries.  I asked her what was up.

She starts out really calm and says that they're going on a trip this afternoon.  She again apologies for calling and then her voice begins to escalate and asks if Owen has a DSi.

I replied that I'm sure he did.  He has every game system known to man but whether he knows where it is is a different story all together.

She goes on to say (in only a tone that a mother trying to pack last minute could use) that they are leaving on a trip and her son can't find his GD DSi charger (with an emphasis on the GD). 

To which I giggle and say "been there...done that!"   I told her that I would attempt to find Owen's charger and would call her back.

She apologized again.  lol

And I start looking through Owen's stuff and Shane's stuff to find the GD charger.  And now I'm pissed off because I realize what a freaking mess their rooms are and I couldn't locate the GD charger.

But I found it.  I called her back and said that I'd found their GD charger (and they were now in trouble too) I'd bring it by on the way out of the neighborhood.  I also told her that she could take Owen's because he doesn't use his anymore and it may save her sanity.

So I got the GD charger, the DSi, the car charger and an extra stylist (because I *know* that is going to be the next GD thing that he can't find) and take it down to her.

I had it to her and tell her it's her Bag O' Sanity and I hope that she survived her trip.  Happy that I could do my part to help save my friend's sanity just a little bit.

I mean really.  What parent hasn't gone through the "my DS/DSi/GameBoy is dead and I don't know where the charger is" just as they're getting ready to leave on an 8 hour drive?

I know I have.  That's for sure!

1 comment:

Kim Eckhardt said...

And for the record, I don't like the GD word. Neither does my friend. She must really have been frazzled. lol It's only used in context of the story. So please no flaming me on that. I don't really use it. Ok?