Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How Rumors Get Started

Ken and I went to Chicago sans kids for a few days.

When I got back, my friend had emailed me and wanted to clarify something she heard.  Apparently her son came back from the Boy Scouts meeting and said that "Shane's mom has moved out of the state and Shane was now living with his grandparents."

So I'd like to clear up the rumor and categorically deny that I have moved out of state.  I am, in fact, still living in our house with our children and their dad (probably to their dismay!).

I wonder how that conversation went between Shane and his friend and how it could have gotten so twisted.  I guess that's how rumors get started, eh?

2 comments:

Rhonda Sisk said...

Well, I am glad you are all back together and happy.

Unknown said...

Funny. He probably said you were out of town and his grandparents were staying with him and the boy just heard it wrong. You know how the men only hear a few of the words we say and get them mixed up. I don't know how many times I say to Darrel "didn't you hear when I told you to --------.