Tuesday, September 7, 2010

US Open or Bust, Baby!


I love tennis.

So when my friend invited me to go with her to the US Open, I jumped at the chance.   I saw so much great tennis.  It's crazy how good these players are.  Of course I took pictures (with my point and shoot only because I didn't want to tote around the Rebel.)

Enjoy!

No photo tagging necessary for this guy.  Roger Federer is the best. 



(But, shush!  Don't tell my friends Betty and Jean...they are Federer stalkers!  See Roger in the background?  tee-hee)

Last year's breakout star Melanie Oudin and this year's breakout star Ryan Harrison found love on Court 10 as mixed doubles partners.


 Bob and Murphy Jensen: BFF's.  :p

Bob Bryan

Team ADD...lol  Nicole can sit about as long as I can in the hot sun so it's good that she was happy to wander and take in as many matches and players that we could see. 


Ryan Harrison: The ATP breakout player of the year in my opinion.


Kim Clijsters: The 2010 US Open Champion?


Andy Murray


Giesla Dulko


Alona Bonderanko


Francesca Schiavone


You can not be serious?  Yes.  I am serious.  John McEnroe


Melanie Oudin and her doubles partner Jamie Hampton playing the way that doubles should be played...moving together.  Jamie had the best backhand volley that I saw at the Open.


Fernando Verdasco...my favorite player. 


Leander Paes.  The best mens doubles player on the tour.  He is a monster at the net!


Nick Bollettieri.  The best in the business for training juniors.


Sam Querry. 


Sam Querry signing the kids jumbo tennis balls.  I love this picture.  It may be my favorite of all the pictures that I took.  Definitely a photojournalistic shot!


Caroline Wozniacki practicing.  She may be the 2010 US Open Champ. 

Robin Soderling



Ryan Harrison and his doubles partner Robert Hendrick discuss the next point.  I love this shot too.


Lisa Raymond


Juan Carlos Ferrero




Jergen Melzer


We saw so much awesome tennis from morning to night.  This sign says it all!


Hope you enjoyed my pictures from the US Open 2010.  I enjoyed taking them and I hope to take the boys to see it one year!

2 comments:

Susan said...

does your neck hurt from looking back and forth?

Kim Eckhardt said...

Only if you're stupid enough to sit in the middle. We sat in the corners...in the shaded side of the park if we were able to. Up about five to six rows. That is the perfect place to sit!