Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Time Capsule

I'm a packrat.  I admit it.  I have my blanket and teddy bear from when I was little, old newspapers from my high school and junior high and records from when I was young. 

And cassette tapes. Yes.  Cassette tapes.  I guess I just dated myself.


Even back then, I was apparently obsessed with the label machine.  And I wanted everyone to know that they better back off of my tape.


Because that was my special, favorite tape.  Don't be making fun of my Air Supply tape.  You know you had one too so stop judging.  lol  


Pretty sure Susan wore this tape out. 


That was back in the day where the record labels put the lyrics to the songs inside the tape cover. 


And you actually got a warranty on your tape.  Check out the price of the tape.  And I'm pretty sure that I had to save up to buy it.


And if you grew up in my era, you probably had several of these little babies below so you could record songs off of the radio.  I would listen to my "boom box" when I went to bed and I would hang my hand over the side and hit the "play and record" buttons (together of course!) every time a song came on that I liked.


I love it when I find these little time capsules in the storage.  I forgot completely that I had the tapes.  It was fun looking through them.  It made me smile.  :)

1 comment:

Rhonda Sisk said...

Oh my gosh, it has been so long since I even heard the words "Record Bar" much less shopped at one.