Tuesday, January 4, 2011

An inventor? A Dreamer? A Bit of Both?

Shane is obsessed with time travel and time space continum.  He watches all kinds of shows about space, planetary weather and when he can catch shows about Steven Hawkings, he's all over it.  He spends his time doing mathematical calculations trying to figure it out.

The science channel is, as you probably guessed it, his favorite channel.

In conjunction with the time space continum, he is also obsessed with inventing stuff.  His inventions aren't always related to time-space continum.  They do, however, always have a mathematical component that include specific detailed drawings about how the invention will work.

I love it when I come across his drawings.


I'm pretty sure that I was never this inquisitive and I know that I'm still not this smart. So is he an inventor?  A dreamer or a bit of both?  I can't wait to see where he ends up.  I'm betting engineering of some sort.  What do you think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it - so curious about how everything works and how to make it better. How did his science project/ video go? I hope he got an A - he should have !

Unknown said...

At Shane's age, I had a real interest in time and space, similar to his,minus math skill, so with that added to his imagination, this kid will really be limited only by his school's ability to challenge him. Stay at it Kim!

Kim Eckhardt said...

He did get an A. I put up the video so people could see it. And I will, Darrel! He definitely has a gift. I hope that he takes the opportunities that he's presented with and uses them.