Tuesday, January 25, 2011

School Fundraising

If you have kids or grandkids, inevitably you're going to be presented with an opportunity to support your child's school.  IE - you're going to be hit with a school fundraiser.  And sometimes when you're lucky, you are presented with something that you actually would *like* to buy.

And other times, all you have to do is put in a little effort and the school can make money from things that you would normally throw away.

And such is the case with Campbell's Soup labels.  It's easy.  All I have to do is turn in the labels off the soup can to Owen's school and they make money off of it.


Collecting soup labels fundraising has been around for quite a while.  I distinctly remember going through my mom's cabinet around the fourth grade and pulling off the labels from the soup cans and turning them into the PTA. 

And leaving the cans there without a label. And probably with no identifier as to what was in the can or the expiration date.

For my mom: :-|

So yeah.  Fundraising.  Everyone's doing it.  

3 comments:

ginny said...

Maybe when I come to your house, I'll do that to your pantry!!! (except that you would think it was funny and make the boys eat whatever was in the can!)

Kim Eckhardt said...

I so wish you would. That would be a great blog post! :p But, could you please save the labels and give them back to me? I need to turn them into the PTA. lol

Clay Boggess said...

This would be an interesting exercise as long as there are no cans of peas...