Friday, August 1, 2008

Shane Verses The Radish

For dinner the other night, we had hotdogs, mac and cheese (the box crap since the kids don't like my "real" mac and cheese) and salad.

Believe it or not, Shane didn't complain about his salad.

But, he hates radishes with a passion and he inquired whether he had to eat them or not.

SHANE: "Do I have to eat the radishes, mom? You know I hate them."

ME: "No. You don't have to eat the radishes Shane. Just eat the rest of the salad."

Proceeding to pick out the radishes (even the smallest sliver of a radish), Shane continued on.

"Thanks mom. You know that I can spot those radishes like a tiger can spot his prey."

I guess he does have 20/20 vision. No need to take him for an eye check anymore. Obviously his vision is perfect because he picked out every single tiny little radish and flicked it out of the bowl.

I should add that as Shane was wagging war on the radishes, Owen says "you know that I LOVE the radishes, mom. See...I ate every single one of them."

He was playing the "good one" role. If you have two kids, you know what I mean!

3 comments:

ginny said...

He must have learned that picking out every little sliver from his poppa! He's a pro at that!!

Anonymous said...

My fault - when Ken was little, I took the stuff out of the salad before I put it on the table so he wouldn't have to pick it out himself. I started the "prince" thing!

Anonymous said...

radishes are nasty. I can't say i blame him.