Thursday, September 11, 2008

Silver Run Falls



As most of you know, I spent most of my summer in SC. Most of it was at Pawleys Island at the beach. As awesome as Pawleys is (and I loved photographing it), my true love is the mountains. And, where I grew up in Anderson, SC (about as far away from Pawleys as you can get and still be in SC) there is plenty of mountains within a short driving distance.

So, I decided to take the boys up to the mountains one day in search of some nature and some waterfalls.

If you're near Cashiers, NC, stop by Silver Run Falls and have a picnic. It's easy to get to and the hike to it is mere minutes. Once you're there though, it feels secluded.

I love this picture because it captures the college kids just hanging out and relaxing - like you should at a waterfall.



I hope that Shane loses this smile and soon. It's his current smile. :) They said the water was cold. Well...duh.





To get there, it's on Route 107 going towards Cashiers. It's about 10 minutes south of the 64/107 intersection in Cashiers. Look for the sign on the right hand side of the road and park at the gravel pull off and follow the gravel to the falls. (There's only room enough there for about 4-5 cars.) This is the sign that you're looking for.



It's well worth it to stop by there if you're in the area. Next time we're finding Sliding Rock though. It wasn't well marked and the last road that I turned down, there was a sign that said "drive real damn slow...this is private property." I took that as a sign that I should find it another day. :)

1 comment:

ginny said...

With that sign about driving slow- are you sure you weren't lost and at Susan's old house?? That sounds like a "Sue" sign!!!