Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Warning Slip

Owen's class has a punishment system. It's a four tier system and by the first day, Owen knew exactly what would happen if he got a warning.

White means you've been good.

A green slip is a warning that you're fast tracking to a yellow slip.

If you get a yellow slip, you lose ten minutes of recess and you have to run laps. (Shane had to run laps several times last year. For talking don't ya know?)

Man. If you get a red slip, it means serious business. SERIOUS business. Your PARENTS get called.

The first day of school, Owen came home talking about this one kid who had ALREADY gotten a green slip. Like he's never gotten a slip or 10 of them. LOL.

Anywho, apparently yestereday he got a green slip.

He failed to mention it to me. But, of course, I was busy talkiing to him about why he peed in his pants at school (he DIDN'T!), but I digress.

I overheard him talking about getting a green slip to Ken when he got home.

When Ken asked him why, Owen (in his most belligerent "Oweney" voice) yelled "God dad. I was just telling my friends how great my dad is. Is that so wrong?"

Pressed further, he "said" "FINE! I won't tell anyone else how great my dad is. God. She didn't even give me a chance. It's not my fault."

Right. I'm sure that's why he got a green slip. He's a funny little guy.

That teacher is so mean. I mean really. He was just "telling" his friends how great his dad was. What could possibly be wrong about that?

LOL

I guess I'm just surprised that he waited until week 2 to get a warning slip. And, no, I don't believe for a second that that is the reason that he got a warning slip. I DO, however, believe that he got one. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing.

ginny said...

You gotta give him credit for fast thinking! If he's this good in 1st grade- what is high school going to be like????

Josie Thames said...

Oh, man. He's a slick willy, no lie. In so many ways, kids are all alike. It's never their fault for getting in trouble. They're just so misunderstood!

KenDC said...

I didn't see anything wrong with what he was saying. :p

Anonymous said...

What he was probably saying is how mean his mom is heheheheh

Queen of her Castle said...

See, Harrison and Owen are more alike than we thought. They both got in trouble during week two AND they both had excuses. Isn't it always someone else's fault?

Becky

KenDC said...

BUT...but...they were GOOD excuses. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. yes. I LOL'ed when I saw Harrison got into trouble together. We're definitely going to have to get those boys together. Or, keep them apart. Hum. ;)

Slick willie. That's appropriate!!!! LOL

KenDC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Eckhardt said...

Ken...stop signing into MY gmail account. Geez. LOLOLOLOL

It was HIS gmail account before it was mine. LOL