Monday, September 29, 2008

Taking Personal Responsiblity

I recently mentioned that I have no idea how to solve the current economic crisis. I also said that it was time for folks to buckle down and spend less.

My friend Jen has figured out how to curb her spending. She just froze her credit card.

I know that you are thinking that only financial institutions can freeze credit.

But, no. I mean that Jen actually froze her credit card.

As in a block of ice.



That makes it a little harder to use if it's encased in four inches of ice.

Now, that's taking personal responsibility for yourself!

6 comments:

Kim Eckhardt said...

She just paid off her cards and didn't want to get them back up. It's brilliant I tell you.

KenDC said...

Now she has liquid assets....well, if they have been sitting on the counter all this time. :p

Josie Thames said...

WOW. Really, that's just all I can say. WOW. That's taking your finances seriously.

Anonymous said...

Is thats what is referred to as COOL cash....

Anonymous said...

:-D

Queen of her Castle said...

OMG. What a brilliant idea. Only I would be getting out my hair dryer when I came across that must have outfit. So maybe it wouldn't work for me.