Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What's The Big Deal About A Tree?

What's the big deal about a tree, you ask?

Well, to an adult nothing really. Unless you're an activist trying to stop logging but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm referring to how a 9 year old views a tree and it's a huge deal let me tell you.

Especially if the tree involves sitting in it and kisssing.

You know the song.

Ken and Barbie sitting in a tree...
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
First comes love.
Then comes marriage.
Then come Ken and Barbie with a baby carriage.

It can really traumatize a kid. So much so that said kid wants to talk to his guidance counselor about how to deal with the teasing.

And said kid wants to take his girl/friend to the guidance counselor with him to discuss how they can handle it together.

Yeah. I'm so not ready to discuss marriage counseling or dating issues for a 9 year old yet.

Who knew that trees were such a big deal to a nine-year-old?!

6 comments:

ginny said...

How does Josie feel about this???

Kim Eckhardt said...

I think that I talked him out of marriage counseling so I don't think that she knows....

KenDC said...

I swear..I don't even know a Barbie

Kim Eckhardt said...

She doesn't want to go to counseling. Hahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Yep, Shane when Wilson asked Shane if he wanted him to leave the room Shane said "well yeah". that would leave Shane alone with his girlfriend. Wilson didn't leave by the way. hehehehehehe

Kim Eckhardt said...

Yeah. I know. They were pretending a Pokemon game or something like that. They didn't want anyone else to see the game. It was innocent. But I'm glad that Wil was there. ;)