Monday, November 24, 2008

The Apple Don't Fall Far From The Tree

Apparently, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as I'm finding out. I was cleaning out some things this weekend and ran across this comic strip. It got me to giggling and thinking that there are two things going on in this old Nancy comic strip from 1991 that make me giggle.

1. My mother cut it out for me. I guess now we know where I get my love of comic strips and cutting them out comes from.

2. I am getting the ultimate payback because I have three messy boys that I live with. Yes. I said three. Because Ken definitely counts as one of them!



I guess that this post is for my mom really. Because now she can kick back and laugh as my kids put me through what she went through. And, it's all thanks to a little comic strip that she cut out so many years ago and gave to me.

She obviously saw something in it that reminded her of me. ;)

3 comments:

Queen of her Castle said...

Now that is one I need to enlarge and hang on Haley's door. Trust me when I say that Nancy doesn't have a thing on Haley.

Anonymous said...

Didn't know your mom cut out cartoons for y'all. I would always put the ones I cut out on Caroline's bathroom mirror! B

ginny said...

The good thing is that the carpet was just like new when you moved out!