Friday, November 28, 2008

Powder of Tartar...Err...Or My Most Recent Blond Moment

Who knew that this:



didn't equal this:



Apparently everyone else but me.

Sadly enough, even Ken knew it.

So in a truly blond moment, I bought tartar sauce for Ken to make his butterscotch meringue pie thinking that it was cream of tartar.

Stop laughing. Because I know you are.

I should interject here that I've never made a meringue pie (and I don't eat them really either) so I have no clue what the ingredients should go into them.

And in my defense, I've never even used cream of tartar. Ever. In any recipe or with any food.

So when I went scouring the isles at the grocery store, dizzy from the crowds of Thanksgiving shoppers, I was looking for Cream of Tartar. As soon as I saw the Tartar Sauce, I figured that was what I was looking for, patted myself on the back for finding it and got the heck out of there. (It was creamy!)

Afterall, I was looking for Cream of Tartar NOT Powder of Tartar.

As soon as Ken saw it, he started laughing and googled what I was suppose to buy to show me what Cream of Tartar was.

And when I returned the Cream of Tartar to the store, the manager got a good laugh too. (Ken also got a good laugh that I would actually return the Cream of Tartarm instead of just keeping it to ward off further embarrassment.)

And when my mom got into town, Ken made sure he told her also.

And then she got a good laugh too.

And now you, my dear two readers, can also get a good laugh at my most recent blond moment.

But, I really think that we should start a petition to have the name Cream of Tartar changed to Powder of Tartar.

Although, if it were named Powder of Tartar, we wouldn't have this awesome story to remind us of Thanksgiving 2008 and how I am truly meant to be a blond!

4 comments:

Queen of her Castle said...

Thanks for the laugh. Maybe you should take some baking lessons??? Or just leave that up to Ken.

Kim Eckhardt said...

Haha. The thing is I do bake and do all of the cooking. I just had never used that particular spice and haven't made that type of a pie either and don't eat it. You know me. I hide stuff in food all the time so I just assumed that it was a hidden ingredient. :p

Anonymous said...

LOL! HAHAHAHAHA How did you even find the other stuff when you were looking for a spice? Really??? Refrigerated section for a spice?You never told me this part of the story. HAHAHAHA soooooo Blonde!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Haha Emily. I had no idea that it was a SPICE. Actually, I was just aimlessly wandering the isles (with all of the other crazy Thanksgiving shoppers) looking for Cream of Tartar. I went down the condiments isle (it wasn't in the refrigerated section) and saw Tartar Sauce. Okay. Tartar. It's creamy. This has got to be it. And, check that off my list. :p

Yeah...not so much. It actually caused me more work because I had to go back to the store and get the powder of tartar. LOL