Thursday, November 13, 2008

Surely There Are Others

Surely I can't be the only one that this happens to.

Ever have one of those nights where you wake up in the middle of the night and just can not go back to sleep? Something wakes you up and then you start thinking about something that you forgot to do or need to do and, try as you may, you toss and turn but it's just not happening. You're not going back to sleep. So instead of laying there, you get up and do whatever it is that is worrying you and keeping you awake.

Okay. Maybe now I can go back to sleep. But I doubt it. Sigh.

2 comments:

ginny said...

OK- curious minds want to know- what did you get up & do?

Kim Eckhardt said...

Well, it started out innocently enough. Owen woke me up crying. Not crying crying but intermittenly. So I listened for him and by the time I realized it was in fact him, I was awake. And it was hot. And he was hot so I had to get him changed. By that time, I was wide awake. Got back into bed and started thinking about various things (work related) that needed to be done. And Ken was snoring. Then I said screw it because I was awake. Came downstairs, worked on the few things that needed to be done. Then went back to bed. At 5:30. Groan.