Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chores Oh How I Hate Thee

Chores. Everyone has to do them. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no one likes to do them. Okay, deny it if you want, but I don't. There. I said it. I hate chores. You can say it with me if you want. Loud and proud. I HATE CHORES.

Felt good, didn't it?

So, what's your least favorite chore?

Currently, at the top of my hate list is cleaning the bathrooms. Specifically the boys bathroom. Everyone should have a boy to clean up after.

Cleaning up the pee off of the floor this afternoon, I was left wondering why in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks these boys cannot hit the toilet to save their life.

But then I'm thinking that it really does make sense. Because usually while they're peeing, they're looking at every direction other than the toilet (and whatever direction they look, their, um body, follows if you know what I mean.)

And, usually they're fighting over whose going to go pee first or they're jockeying for bathroom space. Nevermind that one is already peeing while the other one literally shoves his brother out of the way.

So, I asked them (all three of them) about this one spot last night. They all denied it with every ounce of being in their body that they did it (including Ken) and then they tried to blame our friend Jen for doing it.

Don't worry, Jen. I defended you.

But, now cleaning the bathrooms has risen to the number one spot on my list of hated chores. I guess the only payback that I get is that I will not have teenage girls.

So, what's on the top of your list?

8 comments:

ginny said...

I think the top of my list is running the cleaner. YUK. You have to pick up before you can even start.

Teacher in the middle said...

We have hardwood floors and a yellow lab inside dog. Sweeping/vacuuming dog hair, then mopping the whole house is my absolute least favorite!

Other jobs I dislike, I assign to my children (tee hee) such as cleaning the toilet and emptying the trash. Sarah (the toilet nazi) cleans the toilet and Caleb (whiner extraordinaire) empties the trash! :)

Teacher in the middle said...

Forgot to ask what the Grandmothers said about the Scary Stories book...any updates?

Kim Eckhardt said...

Ginny said it wasn't so bad but probably wasn't right for Shane. Dad read a chapter and said that he didn't see what the big deal was about the chapter that he read. He said it would have been different if they would have described how the person got butchered instead of just saying that he got butchered. Um. That's kind of my point. Why does he have to be reading stuff that talks about people getting BUTCHERED? LOL. Joan said that she read the reviews and it seemed too scary for Shane.

Susan reminded me that Shane was afraid to go to her house a few months ago because of the zombies in the woods.

So, we're tabling it for now. He hasn't brought it back up so I'm just letting it lay low.

Thanks for asking. :)

Kim Eckhardt said...

By the way...there are no zombies in Susan's woods in case you're wondering. haha.

KenDC said...

..and Ken said, "whatever your Mom says." Big help, I know. :)

Rhonda Sisk said...

Dusting the house and mopping the floors are at the top of my list. I absolutely hate them both and sadly don't do either of them enough.

Anonymous said...

/wonders if Ken tried to blame me too

:-P