Friday, January 9, 2009

The Adventures of Owen and His Glasses

Owen has had glasses since he was 4. I wasn't shocked when he went for his first eye exam and the doctor asked him to read the 20/20 line and Owen told him that he saw a bunch of dots instead of the jeep that was on the screen.

Ugh. Sorry for the genetics, Owen.





But, in a way, I guess it's good that he got them that early because the kids have always seen him with glasses on.

Well, except for that period of three weeks right after he got his first pair of glasses when he lost them playing in the back yard. I bribed the neighborhood kids with a $20 reward for whichever kid found them.

They found them the day after I broke down and ordered him a new pair of glasses. Figures.



He probably wouldn't have lost them if he hadn't have stretched them out as far as one could take them without breaking them. They ended up looking like those paper 3-D glasses that you get in movie theaters. He had them so stretched out that they could fit on Ken's big D^%$eler head. (No offense meant, dear.) :)

He must have missed his glasses though because check out what he wishes for in preschool.



I think that he's accepted his glasses now because everything he draws has glasses on them. When he turns in papers, he makes the "O" in Owen a face. With glasses of course.





I think that this is just the beginning of our adventures with Owen and his glasses. His glasses will be my payback for all of those retainers that I lost as a teenager.

So, there you go mom and dad. Another "aaaaahhhhh" moment for you!

No comments: