Saturday, January 31, 2009

Kitty Love

As we never had kitties growing up, I'm not a big fan of them or having any pets really. It's not that I don't like them. I just have enough to take care of and clean up after right now. Sure the kids ask for one at least once a week. And, of course they promise to feed it and take care of it.

But, I haven't fallen for their promises. I told them if they can go a week without leaving their undies on the floor, I would get them a pet. So far, I've been safe and I'm not worried that they'll follow through on it.

I've been steadfastedly holding to this position for a while.

But I may have to change my mind after meeting my friends kitties. They are so chill.







I love his little face. Morris the cat, anyone? Garfield? Seriously. Look at his little smirk. You just know that he runs the show there.





The kitties owners got little fingernail covers for their nails so they didn't have to declaw them. Who knew those even existed? Too funny.



My friend Celena was also taking pictures of Laura's two kitties. And they were taking it all in stride like they were kitty models or something. The cameras didn't bother them a bit.




And, although Rowdy Carnes doesn't live in the same house as the two kitties above, he's still pretty chill himself.



Photographing these kitties was fun. Maybe I found a new avenue to photograph.

If I could have a cat as chill as these kitties, I'd get one. But, with my luck, I'd end up with a stand-offish kitty like my parents kitties. But, there's still hope for the kids to have a kitty. Maybe. Or maybe not.

But, these kitties rocked. Totally!

5 comments:

ginny said...

I won,t tell Sadie or Sam what you said!!

Anonymous said...

Our kitties aren't standoffish. Just ask them.

Anonymous said...

Or you could have one like Caroline's Casper...30 lbs!!! B

Teacher in the middle said...

Ok so growing up we had some kitties. We had one named Slippers...she was totally black with the exception of white feet, hence the name. Anyhoo, Slippers had a litter of kittens at one point. We found homes for them all except one beautiful black boy cat. We named him Fluffy. I'm not really sure what happened to Slippers after having that litter...maybe it was that the hormonal change was too much for her delicate mind...maybe it was that Fluffy would still occassionally try to nurse even after he had been alive for a year and she was feeling like the parents whose grown children move back home when they're in their
30s or 40s...maybe it was that we also got a dog and she really hated the dog...maybe it was that I had two mean as hell brothers who tormented the hell out of her...I'm just not sure. But whatever the case, Slippers became a PSYCHO cat!!!! Honestly, it got to the point where we would have had to spend a fortune on kitty prozac or spend a slightly smaller fortune to have her put down. I think the parents had her put down. I just know that the cat was FREAKIN' CRAZY!!!! Beware...spay or neuter your animals. :)

Queen of her Castle said...

We have a cat that you can have. But in all fairness, let me just tell you that he is OCD and psychotic. Oh and he brings dead animals on our porch and eats them. Still want a cat?