Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Edward Scissorhands Part II.

Shane has been steadfastly refusing to get his hair cut. He hasn't had a haircut since July. He was looking like a throwback to the 1970's.

If you think I'm joking or exaggerating, I'm not. Exhibits one and two:





I've been laying off of him even though I can't stand the hair in his face but whatever. It's just hair and it's not worth fighting over.

So the other day he decided that he'd had enough and wanted to get it cut. Well not cut. Just trimmed.

Great. Owen wanted to get his hair cut too. But unlike Shane who wanted his hair long, Owen wanted a mohawk.

Again. Ugh but whatever. It's just hair.

So we get to the barber shop and the boys sat down in two chairs. When Owen said he wanted a mohawk, you would have thought that he was at a beauty parlor. It blew their minds and that was a warning sign that I should have listened to.

Then I told them that Shane wanted very little cut off of his hair. At that point, they switched kids. Um. Yeah. Not a good sign.

So, Owen goes first. I asked them to not shave his sides. Then I see the lady take her comb and start to part the back of his hair in a true mohawk style. No. No. No. Just leave the back like a little boys hair cut and let the top be a spike.



At this point, I'm sticking close to Owen because the other lady is occupied in a struggle trimming Shane's long hair. Owen needed more supervision but the first shave that she took off of his sides was waaaaaay too short. Much shorter than I told her to cut it.



But now the damage is done. Just finish it. Don't cut the back anymore. It'll grow back I tell myself. And he likes it so I guess that's what matters. I guess.



So I turn my attention back to Shane. The woman is still struggling with his hair and asks the woman who cut Owen's hair to finish it up. Seriously? Ugh. I told her not to cut anymore off the length and to just shape up his bangs.

"Oh...you want his bangs cut?" Seriously? I hate it when you go to a barber or hair dresser and they ask if you want your bangs cut or they spend 1/2 hour on the back of your hair and then ask you if you want the bangs cut.

No. Please don't cut the bangs. That's only the part that everyone sees. But, hey...the back will look good.

/end hijack and back to the scheduled hair debacle.

So, anyway, I tell her to shape up his bangs and reiterate that the back is fine. He wants the hair cut over his ear so she does it.

Sweet. He's rocking a mullet at this point. But it's long in the back like he wanted it. She had to put his hair in pins because it's so long. He didn't even notice because he was watching a toonie. lol



I think that she's got it all under control and go back to whatever it was that I was doing. She spins him around and I notice how short the back of his hair is. It's not short but it's certainly shorter than he wanted.

So, she finishes up with him and I'm glad to get out of there with at least some hair on those boys heads.

And then I get into the car and get a good look at Shane's bangs.

And I'm pretty sure that Edward Scissorhands has just cut their hair. He was somehow able to morph into Asian ladies but it was him all right.



And then I'm wondering how in the heck she missed that one long piece near his ear.



This look says it all.



You know I thought it would be some cute pictures of the before and after of Shane finally getting his hair cut. But this is what I got instead.

Edward Scissorhands Part II.

Thank God they're clueless boys.

10 comments:

ginny said...

Well it does look much better but I'm sorry for Shane that she did this. I would scratch that salon off my list of places to go! They obviously do not listen. It was this kind of haircut that made Susan so bad about getting her hair trimmed- oh wait, it was me that cut it too short! Remember she thought her hair was her mane and wouldn't cut it???

Kim Eckhardt said...

Heh. At this point, I think that I could have done a better job. Almost as good as you did on her and me. lol. And...yeah...the horses mane. hahahahahahahahahahaha

ginny said...

How come if I did such a bad job on you & your sister, you still want me to trim your hair?????

Kim Eckhardt said...

Because you're free. And now you're not chopping off my hair so you don't have to deal with it. lol

Jen said...

Love the mohawk! Lucky you don't have girls or you would be swimming in tears :D

ginny said...

I hope you didn't tip either girl! They both need to go back to school. You would have probably made out better going to a school! At least they are supervised.

KenDC said...

If you don't tip them, how can they go back to school? BTW, my boys rock!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Yeah. I tipped them. Told them to open a different business. Maybe they should learn Bonsai. ;)

And, yes. Your boys do rock. :up:

Anonymous said...

I know how Shane feels. I've needed a haircut all my life except when I was in the military. They didn't know how to cut hair either. Maybe that is why I got out. I'm almost 70 and my mother still tells me to go get my hair cut. Tell Shane to hang in there. It does grow back.
Uncle Cliff

Kim Eckhardt said...

Heh. Grammy still tells you to get it cut. That's funny. :o) The beauty of boys is...they don't care. He hasn't said one word about it. And I'm NOT bringing it up to him! lol