Thursday, January 29, 2009

The First Snow Day

A snow day can elicit so many reactions from so many people. The kids are super excited because they get to stay out of school, get hot chocolate on demand and get to play in the snow.

To me, it's a big ol' groan because I know by the end of the day they will be stir crazy and will be terrorizing each other and destroying my house in the process. Not to mention the amount of clothes that they go through while playing outside is enough to fill a washing machine. Twice.

They inevitibly take off, and usually lose, their hats and gloves while playing regardless of how many times I tell them to put them back on. Nevermind that it's freezing outside and they're making snowballs with their barehands. They're stupid children what can I say? (And I mean that in the most loving way possible, so no hate comments, m'kay?)



Note something missing on Owen? Yep. He lost his glasses in the snow. That's no surprise though. What is surprising is that he actually found them this time.




They did love playing in the snow. And then 20 minutes later, they came in, stripped off the twenty layers of clothes (including 5 pairs of underwear) and had hot chocolate. It was a pretty perfect snow day actually. :)

But if you listen closely, you may hear a big sigh of relief from the moms in my neighborhood this morning because the kids go back to school today. We don't even care that it's two hours late. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a BIG sigh of relief here too. Even though my kids don't play in the snow anymore or require me to do their laundry (thank goodness), it's nice to have my peaceful house back. :)

Queen of her Castle said...

Man my kids would be so envious. We saw like 50 flakes as we were leaving NC and my kids were estactic. Imagine how they would have been had theny been able to actually play in it.