Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Boys...Gotta Love Them

The kids have been out of school for two days for snow so yesterday and I couldn't put off errands any longer. While we were out, I decide to take them to lunch at Long John Silvers. Since it was 12:30, the restaurant was packed.

As we were getting up to leave, Owen stands up in the middle of the restaurant and burps as loud as he can. And it was LOUD. As everyone is turning to look at him, he yells "YEAH BABY!" and put his fist in the air.

And, I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

I tell him to come on and be quiet and he yells in an equally loud voice, "WHAT MOM? THAT WAS A GOOD ONE. YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!"

Well, he was right. It was a good one. And I guess I can't really say anything since he got that "talent" from my side of the family.

But, still. Even I wouldn't have done it that loud in public.

And, if it wasn't bad enough that everyone was looking at us already, Shane goes up to the gratitude bell and rings it as loudly as he can and tells them thank you that lunch was yummy.

Boys...Gotta Love Them.

3 comments:

ginny said...

That is so Owen!!! It would be cute if he belonged to someone else's family!!!The people around you were probably glad it wasn't their kid (at least that time) Gotta love him, he's so honest.

Anonymous said...

It must be in the genes. All our grandsons take great pride in how loud and how often they can belch. Your dad was good at it also

Kim Eckhardt said...

It may just be an Eckhardt trait...I'm not a boy. lol