Friday, March 13, 2009

The Things Kids Say...Part 2

I bought Shane a vibration reduction thing for his tennis racket. It's a rubbery type of thing that connects to the racket and it's suppose to reduce the vibration from the racket to his hand and arm. I told Shane that I would put it on his racket tonight.

Owen pipes up and says "Mom, I want a vibrator too."

After I picked myself up off of the floor, I proceeded to explain to Owen that it wasn't called a vibrator but he just kept repeating it over and over.

Isn't it funny how changing the ending on a word can completely change the meaning of the word.

I just hope that Owen doesn't go to school and tell his friends that his mommy bought Shane a vibrator.

2 comments:

Teacher in the middle said...

HAHAHAHA!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!! I have yet another hilarious one that I DID (as an adult)! When I was the director of the nursery at my church, we got new pagers for parents. I had to do a training session with nursery workers on lots of things, and operating the pager was one of the things I had to show/teach them. I showed them how to turn them on and where to find the number to write by the child's name. Then one of them asked me how distracting the pagers would be when they went off in the church service. I said (LOUD and in front of about 25 adult nursery workers) "They will only distract the parents holding them because they're not beepers, they're vibrators!" Swear!

Queen of her Castle said...

Okay, now that would be funny. I would love to see the look on his teacher's face if he said that.