Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It'sa Mario Party!

Thank God it's over.

The past weekend that is. I do not recommend doing a garage sale and a kids birthday party on the same weekend.

But even though it was a lot of work, Owen had so much fun at his Mario themed birthday party. I'm glad that I started looking for stuff early because, let me tell you, Mario stuff is HARD to find.

If you're holding a Mario party, celebrateexpress.com is the only place I was able to find birthday party plates and cups, etc.



You can also buy party favors in a box if you so choose (I chose not to.)



If you're having a bunch of 6 year olds at your house, games are a must. Otherwise, they will destroy your house in about two minutes flat.

The first game was Pin the Mustachio on Mario. Owen was thrilled with his oversized Mario, which is now in the kids basement room.





I made a chain chomp pinata using a soccar ball. It was a hit (haha - that's a Ken joke) with the kids. I got the idea from another blogger.





And, everyone knows that a Mario party must have a Mario cake. Again, not so easy to find. Impossible really. A local bakery, Pauls Bakery, made a custom one and it was delish.



A few friends were able to find Mario stuff. He was most impressed with J and A's presents. They got him Mario and Luigi slippers, which fit me by the way. However, he takes them off of my feet when I have them on and proclaim them for himself.



His presents. More stuff for me to pick up.



You'll notice that each kid has a Mario themed hat. My mom made those. Thanks, Ginny!



And, of course, what is a picture without goofy faces? :)



I also have to say thank god for good friends who are willing to sacrifice themselves and stay and help. And, thanks to Ken for helping and to Joan and Darrel for helping too. But, they were smart and scooted out half way through the party!

9 comments:

ginny said...

Shane & Josie appear to be missing from the picture????

Kim Eckhardt said...

They had had enough of the little kids by the time that group picture was taken. Me too but I didn't have a choice of whether to hide or not!

Anonymous said...

What a great party you gave for owen. I am sure he will remember it always or at least for a few weeks. Have a wonderful birthday just in case I forget to call - you know I forgot Ken's a few years ago. Joan

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Looks like a great (and by great I mean craaazy) time. Sorry we couldn't make it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make it. I am sure Wilson had fun with following Shane to his room. Did you hear that story?

Queen of her Castle said...

Great party. Nice mom.

Becky

Teacher in the middle said...

Great party...nice mom, but you did it because you had to, right? (Well, and maybe because you love the little fella) But Gramma making all those hats?!?!?! Now that's just outright spoiling the grandkid! Awesome!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Actually, that is the first and probably the last party that he's had. It was 6 years worth of parties wrapped up into one insane chaotic day. June, I'd rather you come down another weekend and celebrate the fact that I survived. :) Thanks Joan. :) And, yes....my mom does rock. Right?

ginny said...

Your mom does rock!! HA!!!