Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Good...Real Good

Well, it's been a while.

I've been on such a good streak.

No blond moments lately to speak of.

Until today.

And sadly enough, I didn't even realize it until I was walking with my friend Emily this morning. We stopped by another friends house while we were out and they were discussing the cost of upcoming field trips.

Since they both have children in the 4th grade, I was a little surprised when they said that the upcoming Jamestown field trip costs $30.

Huh?

I got the form last week and, being the super efficient person that I never am, instead of allowing it to lay on my counter for two weeks and hover over me like pesky tasks usually do, I glanced it over and sent it in the day after I got the notice. All super proud of myself for checking it off of my list.

I made sure that I sent in the right portion of the form (unlike last year) and attached a check with it.

For $6 dollars.

When I got home from walking, I looked at the portion of the paper that I did keep and it was $30. Evidentially, the $6 was for the parents following the bus.

Oops.

I'm good. Real good!

God. I am such a blond. Unfortunately, it's not the first time. Or the second. Or even my third.

But, unfortunately, since I didn't catch myself this time, Shane's teacher now realizes that I'm a blond being impersonated by a red head.

But, that's okay. Because I'm quite certain that it will not be my last!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha! I'm usually the blond here! See we not only got exercise, but you learned that you screwed up too! :)

ginny said...

Some comments are better left unspoken!!!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Haha. I'm freaking awesome. I TOTALLY rock.

KenDC said...

BTW, you know that Jamestown is named after the Godfather of Soul, James Brown, right? ;)

KenDC said...

No I didn't know that! I'll be sure to let Shane know so that he can tell his classmates before they take the trip to Jamestown next week! Thanks!!!!

ginny said...

And we expect these children to grow up normal????

Kim Eckhardt said...

We grew up normal so they too will survive. ;)

Kim Eckhardt said...

We grew up normal so they too will survive. ;)

ginny said...

Well that's debateable! Normal???

Kim Eckhardt said...

Well, it may be a stretch to say normal but close enough. I can always find someone more not normal than us. Maybe. :)

Queen of her Castle said...

LOL! Yeah, maybe you should have been blonde.

Becky