Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Flasher

With a title like that, you know it has to be about Owen, right?

We took the boys to Nationals baseball game last night. We ate dinner at Pentagon City Mall before the game. As all kids do, Owen had to go to the bathroom while we were eating.

We said but you just went.

So, in his loudest 5 year old voice, he proclaims that yes, he did just go, but now he has to poop and can NOT wait. Ken took him since I was still eating. I guess eating slowly does pay off sometimes, eh?

So, we were on the metro and I asked him if he made it okay to the bathroom.

He said yes he did.

Then he added that he realized that he forgot to put his underwear on.

Me: "I put undies out for you but you didn't put them on? So, you're going commando?"

OWEN: "I didn't put them on...duh... and I'm NOT commando and don't call me that again."

So, I spent the rest of the night making him close his legs and put them down so he wouldn't show everyone his five year old business.

I usually check to see if his clothes are on right side and matching. I guess I need to start checking to see if he has his undies on too.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

6 comments:

KenDC said...

Well, he did have undies...I just had to ditch them in the bathroom and didn't want to call him out. :) So, you are still on your game.

ginny said...

What a Dad!! You rock.... You knew you'd have to listen to her all night, didn't you??? Smart move.

Kim Eckhardt said...

And, another pair bites the dust.....

ewwww...and he lied so well....I so believed him...

Anonymous said...

A well prepared MOM would have a clean spare pair in a plastic baggie in her cavernous purse...LOL....

Anonymous said...

LOL! That reminds me of the time, I wore my sister's shirt to school (when I knew I wasn't supposed to). She was there when I got home, unexpectedly, so I took it off, hid it in the bushes and zipped up my jacket. My mom tried to get me to take off my jacket, so the best thing I could think of was that I forgot to wear a shirt to school. She believed me until I fessed up in the late 20's. Haha.

PS. I always know where to come for a good laugh!

Kim Eckhardt said...

Thank you, June. We'll be here all night. LOL.

And, your mom wasn't concerned that you didn't wear a shirt to school? LOLOLOLOLOLOL